Just in case you thought I was slacking...
well, I might be, but I'm making progress.
It is a very slow going piece.
I now have all 99 blocks made
from the 398 smaller blocks.
Aaaaand...from those 99 blocks,
I am now joining them into pairs,
then onto the main piece which will eventually
end up being the coverlet.
I didn't show all 99 of the blocks as they are
stowed away in a basket so I just took out a hand full.
I am still working at it.
Really I am - here's the needle.
Maybe by fall it will look more like a real coverlet.
A word to anyone who is considering making this pattern.
You need to be okay with so-so.
If you are a perfectionist, you might grind your teeth down
and need to learn wittlin' so you can make some new choppers.
I have been adding beads to
distract add to the design.
The design is flawed!
There is no way to fold 4 layers of fabric
into a perfect angle of about 15-20 degrees.
(Side note: I'm so old, I remember degrees symbols on typewriters.)
In order to make the point,
you must roll the fabric over creating the appearance
of another seam.
Also, in the points, if you do attempt to make them perfect,
there is a very small corner of the raw edge of the window
that will show.
Had I known these things prior to making it,
I might not have committed to a queen size coverlet.
Hubby loves it and thinks it is beautiful.
He likes the effect of the fabric folding and the colors.
So it's his:)
Until next time,
Nimble Fingers and Even Stitches