Some time back,
I shared my ol' sweet trailer with you.
If you missed that one, here is that post.
Over the course of the past year,
it would appear as though I have just 'dinked around' with her.
But let show you what goes into this 'dinking around' business.
She didn't look too bad, right?
That is until you dig in and begin the work.
The last post were the "before" pictures.
These are the "during" pictures.
I have a feeling the during part is going to be on-going.
She had been 'updated' sometime around 1990- remember that?
One of the first things I did was pull out the cream and 'country blue' floral linoleum that was peeling up on the edges and seams, because
they didn't clean the original floor first.
It was put in in sections and was not done under the table.
It also made the bathroom door scrape.
The little blue flowers don't really show in the photos,
but they're there, I promise.
The floor underneath is actually in pretty decent condition
and is much more neutral.
All of the cupboards featured a "lovely"
(read tacky, low quality, poorly applied, stained, and dried out)
country blue tack paper.
This came out little piece by little piece.
If it were better quality, it might have at least come out in larger pieces.
Removed the plastic strip along here.
That little ladder rail that was there fell off - it was only hot glued on.
There was also country blue carpet hot glued to the shelf.
It's not there any more either:)
We knew the pump ran, but when we put water in the tank,
and turned on the pump, it sprayed water out the seal.
This is the picture I took before I pulled it out & cleaned etc.
I do that so I know which wires go where in case I need that reference.
The pump is now re-sealed and works properly.
I then went to drain the tank from the outside.
A little drip/trickle came out.
It took all day for the tank to drain.
Once drained, I removed the faucet, cleaned the corrosion out,
removed a ratchet head piece (I'm guessing fell in the tank and worked its way down,) replaced the faucet, and retested. Works great now.
And last but not least. . . .
I have to say, I have a more intimate relationship with the potty
than I would like to admit.
I have disassembled and reassembled it.
It still has a drip, but at least water doesn't just run right through it.
It is functional:)
As a treat, I got an exterior black water holding tank.
Where we camp, there are no hookups so in order to use the potty,
we needed a holding tank.
I'm going to be a little ornery and stop here.
I'll show you 'after' pictures next time.
I know - cruel indeed.
It is amazing though, all the work involved that is really unnoticeable.
I think there are a lot of things like that.
We don't recognize the efforts of others, because we haven't
been there to witness the hours of labor.
That's just one of those silly things I think about on occasion.